[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Fix them mirrors

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Sat Jul 8 06:17:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 17:21 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 15:37 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > We should implement this.  We need to find a good place in CVS for it.
> >

> More fun:
>
> foolist is just the mirrorlist for core as I pulled from the url in a
> yum .repo file in fc5
>
> the config file is for the python script and it is passed as the
> argument to the script.
>
> run it and it will output per-country and a global up to date mirrorlist
> into whatever outputpath is defined as in the conf file.
>
> I'll try to tidy this up further and get the cgi worked out for the
> remote requests soon.

Updated it a bit more - nothing major - and I've uploaded it to here:

http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/mirror-check/

I've also updated the TODO's near the top of the script. If anyone wants
to work on those or has any ideas about them, let me know.

This isn't the end-all-be-all in mirror-checking but it does tell us if
AT LEAST the repomd.xml is synchronized to the mirror master on every
given mirror. I know this isn't a big deal but it's a reasonably good
metric as to how far off the mark a mirror is.

thanks,
-sv