[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Hardware Tracker

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Thu Jul 20 21:55:15 UTC 2006

The approach I would suggest is to have an icon on the user's desktop
(and a button in firstboot, or wherever) that says:

	REPORT A PROBLEM WITH MY HARDWARE

The first step in this would be to select the user's hardware from a
menu showing the info.product fields (perhaps grouped by the
info.category field). This wouldn't be the same as filing a bugzilla
report - the main idea is a sort of a poll to let FC hackers know
which hardware needs the most attention at the moment.

Users will not always know that a device is not working when they
send in their initial hardware report, so we need to be able to let
them send in a "I have this hardware" report separately from the
"this hardware is not working for me" report.

Best,
-- Elliot