[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Re: Introduction

Jason Hartley jason at 3dogs.us
Mon Jun 26 05:25:43 UTC 2006

On Fri, June 23, 2006 7:30 pm, Curt Moore wrote:
> Hi Jason.
>
> At the suggestion of Elliot Lee, I'm contacting you about the Mirror
> Management project.
>
> I'd like to help so please let me know what I can do.
>
> I saw that there was talk about borrowing the CentOS mirroring product.
> Has anyone over at CentOS been contacted about this?  I used to work
> with some of the CentOS maintainers, but haven't spoken with them in a
> while, but it may be an "in".
>
> Please let me know where things stand.
>
> Thanks!
> -Curt

Hey Curt,
  Seth Vidal has been working with Lance from the Centos team on getting
the Centos mirroring code.  If know or would like to contact Lance about
the code, I am sure Seth would not mind.  Currently we have the cron job
that runs to see what mirror sites are stall.  Here is the break down of
Centos Mirroring:
"""
It's broken up into 3 parts:
 1. one part queries their mysql database of the mirrors and builds a
mirrorlist using geoip
 2. another part is a cron job that connects to the mirrors and grabs
the repomd.xml off of them to determine 'freshness'
 3. the last part generates the web page based on the database info
"""

In addition to the 3 parts, we also need the table structure of their
database.

Thanks, for your help!

Regards,
Jason Hartley