[Fedora-infrastructure-list] public lab

Karel Zak kzak at redhat.com
Wed Jun 28 20:37:53 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 09:32:21AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 04:50, Karel Zak wrote:
> >  is there any public bunch of computers where upstream developers can
> >  test their applications on Fedora? I know about upstream developers
> >  who don't use Linux as primary OS or they use different distributions
> >  and test upstream code with things like SELinux is difficult without
> >  access to machine with useful FC.
>
> Nothing at this time.  This sounds like something the upcoming Fedora Test
> project could handle though, running arbitrary test cases across a lab of
> computers.

 I think about something like shell access rather than about test lab
 with very limited access only. Sure, we cannot give this kind of
 account to anonymous users, but I think for good know and reliable
 people in community is it possible way. (Maybe we can try use virtual
 Xen machine that will be reseted upon a user's logout).

 We in Brno office planing new infrastructure now. I can try allocate
 some HW for this thing. Or is it completely wrong idea? Comments?

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak at redhat.com>