Possibly Unneeded Database Attributes

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 03:54:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 21:01 -0600, TomLy wrote:
> While straightening out the fedoraPerson schema I'm running into
> attributes in the current accountsDB that aren't used or are all the
> same value for all users.  My plan is to get rid of these if possible.
> We can add attributes later if needed.

If it's easy to add things later then it sounds reasonable to do some
pruning.  I don't know what these particular fields were originally
intended for, though.

> Here they are in no particular order:
> internal_comments -- this is always blank right now

Is this one for sponsors or higher level people within the project to
keep information about people like "Noticed that this account attempted
to access internal infrastructure machines they don't have access to"
"cvs access was revoked 11-17-2006 because they added "Buy v!@gr@" to
the descriptions of twenty packages".

If so, it seems like useful information to keep, but there's no front
end to add this kind of information and we'd want some sort of policy
for who should be allowed to view and edit such a field.  As you say,
maybe we should re-add it later if we want to keep it here.

-Toshio