[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Fwd: NewAdmin process

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 7 14:55:00 UTC 2006

Sorry for the double post, but I didnot get my posts except when you
replied!!

I understand your point about the network layout public availability. But
this would fall under "security through obscurity" wouldn't it ;)

About, the scarce workforce, I have tried to join many projects, but got
lost! For instance, my last attempt was at helping with the firewall
re-write. I contacted Luke, who was very responsive and helpful, albeit a
bit busy. Me not knowing anything about the servers, the network layout, or
even the requirements for the firewall, I just couldn't do anything to help
:(

Well, perhaps, I should be tackling some priority 2 problems (to be simpler
& of lower urgency), such as the "aliases" issue. I have no problem
following this task if someone would tell me what needs to be done. Ideally,
I would click on the project name, to get a detailed page saying:
1- Login to x.xx.xx.xx using some auth account
2- Query the ldap server at yy.yy.yy.yy
3- Write a script to verify all aliases against /etc/mail/aliases

Unfortunately, such a page doesnot yet exist. Any pointers to how I can go
ahead ?

Best Regards

https://www.redhat.com/mailman/private/fedora-infrastructure-list/2006-October/thread.html