[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Self-Introduction: Jason Watson

Jason Watson jw at jhop.com
Mon Oct 16 18:39:21 UTC 2006

Hi all, I'm Jason Watson.  I've been following RH/Fedora for a long
time, but never got involved.  Mike McGrath's email from last night
was just the kick I needed to jump in.

So here's a little about me using Warren's intro template:

1. Full legal name: Jason Watson
 * City, Country; Atlanta, GA, USA
 * Profession: Programmer/SysAdmin/Network/Security/Architect
 * Affiliation: Representing only myself
 * Your goals in the Fedora Project: Become more active in the community

Historical qualifications
  o What other projects?
    I haven't done much in the FOSS world, but here's a couple of
sightings:
      * http://libphidgets.alioth.debian.org/ (Oct 2004)
      *
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1108091&group_id=8874&atid=308874
(Jan 2005)
      *
http://javax-usb.cvs.sourceforge.net/javax-usb/javax-usb/src/javax/usb/util/UsbUtil.java?view=log
(Jun 2005)

  o What level and type of computer skills do you have?
    I've been using Linux as my daily OS for 5 years now.
    I prefer developing in Java, but can get by with almost anything.
    I can configure and troubleshoot Cisco networks, firewalls, load
balancers.
    I'm well versed in IT security concerns and audit compliance.
    I have good database skills: PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
    I have a good understanding of all of the pieces that make up a
good application.

  o What other skills do you have that might be applicable?
    Early employee of a large job-search website, involved in
development and operations

  o What makes you an excellent match for the project?
    I am very versatile and could be useful in many areas.

GPG KEYID and fingerprint
  pub   1024D/FA60417D 1997-06-19
        Key fingerprint = 9325 4C50 696D 5C8C F9B7  0A3A 72F7 8C7D
FA60 417D
  uid                  Jason D. Watson <jw at jhop.com>
  sub   2048g/57BEA3DA 1997-06-19

I've read through the last 2 meeting minutes.  I'm familiar with
virtualization using VMWare, but I haven't set up a Xen server
before.  I can set up a test network of multiple physical and virtual
servers in my home network for any testing needs.  Turbogears looks
interesting, maybe I could be of help there.

Looking forward to contributing,
Jason