[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Python Help

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 22:31:19 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 20:18 +0330, Farshad Khoshkhui wrote:
> I'm an experienced python developer, developing with python for about 2 years.
> My current project is a postgresql backended isp billing application
> with python and it's about 60,000 lines of python code now. Though the
> application interaction with web-server is through XML-RPC protocol,
> I've also experience of web development with php, python and java.

Great!  Much of the development work that we do is in python.
Currently, we are creating a few web applications that are written using
TurboGears (a framework built out of cherrypy, SQLObject, and kid) with
postgreSQL in the backend.  A few of the larger projects we're actively
working on at the moment are revamping the voting application, accounts
front-end and API (the backend is switching to LDAP and the API will
need to be worked on for this), and a package database for managing
ownership and information about the software packages in Fedora.

If you're interested in working on any of these we'll figure out who's
currently working on it and how to fit you into the project.

> I'm familiar with linux system administration, in areas of general
> networking(ifconfig, iptables, ip, tc), apache, squid, a little bind
> and everything else I've got into.

There are system administration roles as well but I'll let someone else
introduce you to those :-)

-Toshio