[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Welcome newcomers

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 17 01:40:52 UTC 2006

We've had a few new introductions to the list. Welcome!  For those
ready to jump right in I have two tickets that have been out there for
a while.  One of which could be fairly easy, the other - not so easy.

We've got one outstanding ticket to create something more meaningful
when a new account gets created.  Anyone with a fedora user account
can access and comment on this ticket so if you're interested in
working on it, reply to the list and I'll lock it for you.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/tickets/customer.pl?Action=CustomerTicketZoom&TicketID=122

The other task may take quite a bit longer.  Unfortunately we don't
have a test version of our current accounting system so whoever wants
it will have to spend some time installing the various components,
databases and getting it up and going.  It would be great if they had
their own test environment for this, if not we can set you up with one
but our resources are limited so it will take longer :)  This ticket
can be found at:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/tickets/customer.pl?Action=CustomerTicketZoom&TicketID=86

Anyone interested in either of these tickets can let me know and I'll
lock it for them.  Make sure you reply to the list so we don't have
multiple people working on the same issues.  Neither of these tickets
require sponsorship, just a signed CLA.  Those planning on sticking
around for a while would be good to find an officer who is in charge
of an area that interests you.  We can't sponsor everyone just for
asking, but offer some help.  There's plenty to be done.

If you're not interested/able to do these tasks don't worry.  Stuff
pops up all the time!  Take a look at the open bugzilla infrastructure
tickets or the open OTRS tickets and see if something else interests
you.

                 -Mike