[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Welcome newcomers

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 17 13:21:31 UTC 2006

On 10/17/06, Rino Mardo <rino.mardo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mike McGrath wrote:
> > We've had a few new introductions to the list. Welcome!  For those
> > ready to jump right in I have two tickets that have been out there for
> > a while.  One of which could be fairly easy, the other - not so easy.
> >
> > We've got one outstanding ticket to create something more meaningful
> > when a new account gets created.  Anyone with a fedora user account
> > can access and comment on this ticket so if you're interested in
> > working on it, reply to the list and I'll lock it for you.
> >
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/tickets/customer.pl?Action=CustomerTicketZoom&TicketID=122
> >

> hmm, i have time and am interested but may need some holding hands here
> as i don't have enough web app experience.

This would be a good place to start.  Anything you can't find on
google ask the list and we'll help.  Though most of us have never
looked at the web interface code before so as far as "whats this do"
and "how does this work" you'll probably just have to look at the code
and figure it out yourself ;-)

The actual account system code can be found here:

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/fedora-accounts/?root=fedora

              -Mike