[Fedora-infrastructure-list] mirrors cgi and load

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Fri Oct 20 06:02:20 UTC 2006

So, In a bit of a concern I was thinking about the response time from
the mirror cgi and also other load concerns. I was wondering if we had
considered making mirrors.fedoraproject.org a round robin or
load-balanced location between the duke site its on now and another
site, possibly at PHX. The sqlite db of the data after a check should be
small enough to quickly rsync between the two sites and this would help
with load on the main fedoraproject.org system I would think.

What do y'all think about implementing something like that in the next
few days before FC6 final?

It feels like it is just:
 1. dns entry addition
 2. vhost addition on one of the phx boxes
 3. an rsync+ssh key at the end of the checker cron job

-sv