[Fedora-infrastructure-list] mirrors cgi and load

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Mon Oct 23 04:21:17 UTC 2006

seth vidal wrote:
> What do y'all think about implementing something like that in the next
> few days before FC6 final?
>
> It feels like it is just:
>  1. dns entry addition
>  2. vhost addition on one of the phx boxes
>  3. an rsync+ssh key at the end of the checker cron job

I think it's a good idea to have something like this put in place.

I spent a little time tonight getting some of the initial framework put
in place on the PHX servers.  I have a directory setup on app1 for the
mirrors area.  The four proxy servers have been configured to pass the
traffic back to app1 for requests coming to mirrors.fedoraproject.org
(which I tested using 209.132.176.121 as the external IP).  Right now I
only have some test files in the directory for the intial setup.

Just a heads up to keep someone from repeating any work in case they
were going to set it up.  Feel free to poke around at my setup.

--Jeffrey