[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Setting Up Plone 2.5

Jonathan Steffan jonathansteffan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 15:54:51 UTC 2006

Mike McGrath wrote:
> On 10/23/06, Jonathan Steffan <jonathansteffan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Team,
>>
>>     I'd like to get setup with Plone 2.5. Things I need:
>>
>>     * Data.fs from old 2.1 instance (I have access to the ZMI; not
>> the box)
>>     * Access to server with the correct version of python
>>     * sudo/root access to be able to use yum and setup Apache
>>
>> The plan is to just get a 2.5 install done, setup cachefu, tune what
>> needs to be setup and then move the Data.fs over and be done with it. I
>> will also setup Plone PAS ldap support that will be able to tie into the
>> new accounts system. Also, I need info on how much RAM to give apache to
>> cache. In addtion to that, if there are any squid gurus on the team, we
>> should look into setting up squid if we expect plone to be hit very
>> hard. Otherwise, apache mem caching and cachefu does a pretty good job.
>> Any questions, let me know.
>>
>> Jonathan
>> daMaestro
>>

> I'm fine with this, though I should point out that we don't even have
> LDAP up and running in our infrastructure yet.  What exactly do you
> plan to accomplish?
>
>                -Mike

I'm just looking to get what we have already setup on Plone 2.5 with
CacheFu. Also, to setup all the plone 'products' that are needed to
attach the plone site to the LDAP server that is being setup. It will
just be getting us ready to attach the plone instance to the account
system. If someone wants to do some of the work for me (that would
rock,) get apache setup the same way it is on fpserv (including the ssl
stuff and rewrites, etc) and then I will do updates to the config for
mod_mem_cache. If I shouldn't have access, I can try to step someone
with access through the process.

Jonathan