[Fedora-infrastructure-list] It's a pleasure to meet you all

Tim Robichaux tim at robichaux.net
Wed Oct 25 16:51:15 UTC 2006

Hi there,
I'm not quite sure how to do this but I am sending this out as my introduction. I'm a network admin in a primarily windows shop but I'm looking to branch out and help out on a project. I've been using Red Hat Linux since version 4 and I've been running Fedora on and off since version 2. I've been impressed with the progress and I would like to volunteer my time and effort and I figured that this would be a good place to stick my nose.

I've been following the e-mail for a couple of days now and it looks like this is quite a hectic time with the release of FC6 but I wanted to put my introduction out there all the same. As I said, I've been a network admin for about 8 years now and I've been working on integrating Linux with our infrastructure here at work. I have quite a bit of experience running Linux on the desktop and I've bounced around on several distros so I'm about as confident in CLI as GUI. I know this isn't the grandest listing of skills, but then again, that's why I want to expand them.

I'm planning on running through the bug list that was posted in response to another person's cry of volunteer-itis but if anyone has a recommendation on a good place to start (or a type of ticket that I should be looking for) I would appreciate it. If not, I'll just go through and pick something at random (:

Thanks,
Tim Robichaux

P.S. I know this isn't signed but I'm not at home and I'm working on getting my key over to my work computer.