Server Config Standards

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 29 14:20:32 UTC 2006

On 10/29/06, Rino Mardo <rino.mardo at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about the mirror project? I'm all ears and hands on helping the
> project. I've got time. How does one maintain it? There's a local university
> here who have the fp.o directories but it's empty.

(From an earlier post)
now that the return-mirrors script reads from a database this should
get easier and easier.  We'll need an experienced python programmer to
work on what we have.  I'll maintain the current branch but we need an
overall solution for this.  Who out there can help?  We need:

1) A way for people to add their own mirrors and maintain them
2) a web interface to add/delete mirrors from the current system
3) a more efficient way of checking the mirrors
4) possible move the configs into the database itself?

Anyone out there that's interested, respond to the list and add
yourself to the infrastructure schedule.

             -MIke