PHX network

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Oct 30 03:01:43 UTC 2006

Hey All,

With the move to to a more xen based infrastructure.  its a good time to
evaluate  our ip allocation we have a /24 for our use.  id like to propose
that we allocate the ips as follows

1-35 for Network appliances/devices nas, san, switches, kvms, etc.
36 - 169 for services i.e.  xen guests and physical hosts when needed for
example ppc builders
164-169  for existing boxes admin interfaces  these  would  most likely be
needed for a short term period
170-199 for admin interfaces drac, ALOM, etc
200   is a nat pool ip id like to have it moved to 250
201 - 219 for test systems
220-249  for physical xen hosts
250-254  for gateways  to external networks

What do you all think?

--
Dennis Gilmore, RHCE
Proud Australian