[Fedora-infrastructure-list] owners.list to PackageDB translation status and opinions

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Tue Sep 26 08:27:20 UTC 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:11:45 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm working on a script to parse owners.list and import it into the new
> PackageDB.  So far, the biggest hurdle has been that some email
> addresses in owners.list do not match with the email addresses in the
> accounts system.  I've tracked most of these down with a few exceptions
> and caveats.
>
> extras-qa [] fedoraproject.org: This is the initial qa contact that is
> entered into bugzilla for bugs on a package.  I'd like to discard this
> information and start fresh in the new packageDB.  If a qa-contact
> should be applied to the package then it should be entered for each
> package, otherwise there will be no qa-contact.

AFAIK, this is a placeholder address because bugzilla requires it.
Discarding it should only be done if the script, which feeds bugzilla,
understands that.

> extras-orphan [] fedoraproject.org: For orphaned packages.  I think
> we're going to create an orphan account to fill this.

nobody [] fedoraproject.org  should suffice. "Unused" accounts are not
so good.

> Unknown initialCClist members:
> aaron.bennett [] olin.edu: ifplugd
> carsten [] dvdisaster.de: dvdisaster
> gary_lerhaupt [] dell.com: dkms
> jwz [] jwz.org: xscreensaver
> loic [] gnu.org: cal3d, openalpp, osgal, osgcal, poker-engine,
> poker-eval, pypoker-eval
> ludovic.rousseau [] gmail.com: pcsc-lite, pcsc-perl, pcsc-tools
> mystilleef [] gmail.com: scribes
> pmatilai [] laiskiainen.org: apt, fedora-package-config-apt, synaptic

Most (or all?) of these should be valid bugzilla account e-mail addresses,
though, which is _the_ point of adding them to Cc of bugzilla tickets.