more mirrormanager testing / unacceptable Export Restrictions

Rob van Nieuwkerk robn at berrymount.nl
Fri Apr 6 02:30:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 09:08:17 -0500
Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:

> Mirror Admins:
>
> Thank you to the several people who have put their data into
> mirrormanager https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager/ already.
> I've made a few tweaks in the past week to speed up the queries, and
> it seems to be working pretty well[1].
>
> I ask everyone to please enter their data into mirrormanager now, so
> we can shake out any additional bugs before F7 Test 4 is ready to go
> out.
>
> In particular, please create:
> * an account in the Fedora Account System if you haven't already
> * a new Site

Hi Matt,

I created a FAS account some time ago.  I did not proceed with adding my
site because this requires that you agree with the "Export Restrictions".

I don't see many sites added.  Probabaly because most people realize
that it comes down to this:

      If you agree with these Export Restrictions you will violate
      these rules anytime somone who isn't liked by the US downloads
      any piece of Fedora from your mirror.

Run a mirror, help Red Hat, and get arrested next time you visit the USA ..

Besides any political or moral right/wrongness of these Export
Restrictions it is of course TECHNICALLY COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE
to comply with them !!!

The whole mirrormanager thing will (unfortunatly !) never work
as long as agreeing to these Export Restrictions is required.

Mirror-admins: be very carful with what you sign or agree to !

	friendly greetings,
	Rob van Nieuwkerk