configuration management: choice of bcfg2 / puppet

Pierre Bourgin pierre.bourgin at arteris.com
Tue Apr 3 09:42:08 UTC 2007

Hello,

As do/done people of the FedoraProject, I need to choose another tool
(more efficient than rdist ....) to manage my configurations at work.

I've read the Fedora admin ML and see that finally, you choosed the
puppet tool for config. management.

I must have missed a thread of the ML, but I don't find the major points
that made you choose puppet and not bcfg2.

Can someone give me more details on the pro/cons for instance between
these 2 projects, or the missing feature of bcfg2 from the FC
perspective ? It will be a really valuable information for me.

Thanks in advance,

Pierre Bourgin