A Volunteer

Frank Chiulli frankc.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:42:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

My name is Frank and I would like to volunteer to help.

I've already traded a few emails with Mike McGrath.  He suggested that I send
a short introduction the list.  So here it is.

I am 58 years old.  I have been writing software for about 37 years
professionally - longer if you count college.  But of course when I was in
college, we had to suffer with punched cards and paper tape.

I have been doing System Administration on and off the whole time usually in
combination with some application development work.

I am currently working on SGI (IRIX) hardware.  But have also worked on Sun
(Solaris and Sun/OS), VAXes and Control Data (CDC).

I have written lots of Perl scripts and shell scripts.  I have used several
different shells over the years.  Most of my recent scripts have been written
in Korn shell.

I have not used Python to date.  I am reading "Learning Python" online.  This is
thanks to my employer who has granted me access to Safari.

I have some knowledge of databases but am not an expert by any means.  I can
write some basic SQL.

I don't have anything specific in mind for an area in which to help.  So I'm
open.

If you have any questions, please ask away.

If you want my help, please speak up.

Frank