Why Python?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 21:08:49 UTC 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 11:26:07 David Douthitt wrote:
> I would suggest that it is possible to write maintainable and
> understandable Perl code, just as it is easy to write complicated,
> incomprehensible, and obfuscated Python.

You are absolutely correct.  My observations have been that one happens far
more often than the other, IE obfuscated and 'cute' perl code gets written
and deployed far more often than the same in Python.  But as stated before,
this is just /my/ observation.

> On a related note: does this mean one would be handicapped (in the
> Fedora Infrastructure area) by a lack of Python knowledge?

It just means you may not be able to help out with coding level stuff, but
there is plenty of other things to do.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora