Hosting repos that are not upstream

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 21:13:46 UTC 2007

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> As a system admin I have the same reaction about resources as Seth but I
> don't know if I'm right to think that way.  Contacting some Ubuntu sys
> admins about their setup and costs could be useful.
>
> In my view, just throwing random mirrors/forks of upstream into our
> infrastructure is not good.  We have to have some method of showing why
> the branches exist to make it useful.

This is especially true since we do provide a mechanism for developers
to branch and coordinate in fedorapeople.  And even a passerby would
realize that those branches are un-official or not interesting to them
(unless directed there by someone)  This is important for branding and
sanity I think.

    -Mike