Meetings

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Aug 6 23:13:27 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 14:17 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> +1.  It was really nice to hear people's voices but reading the IRC log
> shows that it makes it very difficult for anyone not able to participate
> in the phone session to follow along.

Personally, I'd like to use it for actual socializing, sensitive
matters, or presentations/interactive demos/town hall.  For example, on
occasion we could designate the first 15 minutes of the meeting to
chewing the bull over SIP; anyone is welcome to participate, and it is
not supposed to go into actual agenda topics (i.e., agree not to talk
verbally about agenda items).

Heck, the first few minutes of many conf calls I'm on are people
catching up, talking about the {weather,game,market,politics,etc.}.
Nice to do that, hear voices, then get off the phone and have the
meeting.  :)

- Karsten
--
        Karsten Wade              ^     Fedora Documentation Project
    quaid.fedorapeople.org        |          gpg key: AD0E0C41