ssl on publictest dev apps

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 22:26:40 UTC 2007

On 8/13/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> Luke Macken wrote:
> > There are a handful of development instances of various apps running on
> > our publictest systems, most of which don't support SSL.  This is
> > obviously not a good thing, so I'm proposing that we either enable SSL
> > on these apps, or disable the FAS identity provider and provide local
> > guest accounts on the local SQLite dbs.
> >

> In theory the test instances should be using the test FAS db:
>
> http://publictest1.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/
>
> Which does not contain production data.

That doesn't work yet for the packagedb at least.  Because packages
have owners and all the owner information is in FAS, it needs a full
FAS database to run.  We could dump the db and change the
passwords/email addresses to something else and get rid of address,
phone, fax, etc fields.  But I don't know if that's easier than
setting up ssl.

-Toshio