Builder monitoring

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 03:58:16 UTC 2007

We've recently started taking a closer look at the builders and as a
result we've been getting many notifications.  As a baseline, the
builders need some work.  One thing we've been getting alerted of is
memory usage, in particular less than 10% swap free.

We have a couple of options.

1) stop monitoring swap on the builders
2) reduce resolution on the builders (check less often and require more
failures in a row before notification, right now is 3 failures in a row
results in a notification)
3) increase swap (presently about 1G / core so between 2G and 8G of swap
on the boxes)

Build guys!  What do you think?

    -Mike