Builders and mock

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 13:47:24 UTC 2007

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:27:24 -0500
Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> Which brings up a good point...... FC6 isn't going to be active for
> too much longer.  Do we move to 8?

I think we might have better luck with RHEL5.  This will mirror what
Red Hat will be doing with their build farm, and yum has a /much/ more
important role in RHEL than it did in the past, so continued support is
likely.  If we ever want to make a change to rpm/yum that makes
building on RHEL5 incompatible, then we can look at migrating to the
Fedora de jour then, in anticipation of the next RHEL.

P.S.  Substitute CentOS for values of RHEL where desired.

--
Jesse Keating