Asterisk on the wiki

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 21 12:58:50 UTC 2007

> seth vidal wrote:

> >> Shouldn't the package review completed and the package be in the
> >> repository before being used in infrastructure?
> >
> > No. The package review really only has to be started and in progress. We
> > don't want to hold up infrastructure deployments forever.
>
> I kind of get different answers each time on this. One of the reasons
> why it is useful to document policies like I said sometime back on the
> same topic is to have common understanding and expectations.

The policy is pretty simple and unwritten on purpose- we try to make
sure we have a package in fedora/epel for anything we use in
infrastructure. For testing environments like publictest we don't
require it but we do try to make sure the process is in motion.

The reason the policy is unwritten is so our hands aren't tied waiting
for a review or a package push to happen.

-sv