Wanted: more Mirror Wranglers

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Wed Dec 5 19:50:22 UTC 2007

It's been a little over a year since I claimed the self-appointed
title of Fedora Mirror Wrangler. I have received quite a few kudos for
doing it - and it's fun coordinating a few hundred mirrors, providing
the best download experience for a few hundred thousand users.

For the benefit of Fedora as a whole, I'd like additional people to
step up and become Mirror Wranglers too.  Tasks include:

* understanding the database schema and code behind MirrorManager, and
  being able to enhance it as necessary

* moderating new mirror requests

* moderating the mirror-list and mirror-list-d requests

* participating on these lists

* manually scrubbing the database occasionally (I added ~30 F8 mirrors
  a few weeks ago where they were mirrors at some point, but hadn't
  added themselves into MM, or had added themselves incorrectly).

Any volunteers?

Thanks,
Matt

--