Infrastructure Design - Look & Feel

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:14:00 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 16:05 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Thursday 15 February 2007 15:48, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> Hi and welcome Máirín

I second that!  It's good to have a designer on board who can tell me
where my UI is going off the deep end.

> > I heard that you folks are building a bunch of infrastructure
> > applications and would like them to have a consistent look and feel, and
> > I would be very interested in helping out in this effort. I have a
> > couple of questions about the project:
> >
> > - How many applications are involved, and what's involved? Is there an
> > exhaustive list somewhere with kind of a basic description of what each
> > does?
>
> right now we have nagios, cacti, ORTS, the accounts system soon also
> packagedb, updates system (bohdi), build system (koji)  i think i covered
> everything if not someone please shout

voting system is another app.  It needs a rewrite, though, and should be
redone in turbogears.  It's low priority.

The account system is going to have the backend rewritten sometime
between now and F8 but you shouldn't let that stop you from redesigning
the front end as that's in desperate need of a rewrite.

> > - Which applications are highest priority to receive design/skinning work?
>
> probably most important are ORTS and the accounts system  as they are the most
> publicily visable pages.  everything is hosted under admin.fedoraproject.org

+1.  Although there's also a lot of bang-for-the-buck in designing some
turbogears templates as most of our new in-house development will use
that framework.

-Toshio