Infrastructure Design - Look & Feel

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri Feb 16 02:07:25 UTC 2007

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 16:05 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>> On Thursday 15 February 2007 15:48, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>> Hi and welcome Máirín
>>
> I second that!  It's good to have a designer on board who can tell me
> where my UI is going off the deep end.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :)

So I added the list of applications you guys came up with to the wiki
page Paulos pointed out. But now I have (a lot more) more questions :)

- Is the main Fedora Project wiki up for redesign as well? I think it
could use a little tweaking.

- Is the admin.fedoraproject.org wiki a separate wiki from the
www.fedoraproject.org wiki? Is it used separately for different things
or is it a staging area or something else?

- I have an account at hosted.fedoraproject.org now so I'm somewhat
familiar with it. Could the look & feel of this involve themeing trac?
Are there any other applications on hosted? (I think there might be
cvsweb on there?)

- What is packagedb used for? Who uses it? How often is it used for what
tasks? How public-facing / important / high on the priority-queue is it?

- Could I get added to some kind of sample/test ticket queue in ORTS so
I can play around with the UI on it?

- Same thing with the mirror system; is there anyway I could get access
to it?

- Voting system - where is this right now? How often is it used / what
kind of votes is it used for / who uses it?

- What kinds of information are smolt, nagios, and cacti used for? Who
uses them? How often are they used? What are the particular uses /
strengths / weaknesses of each for Fedora infrastructure team puurposes?

- Bohdi - is this the application lmacken wrote? Where is it hosted? Is
there any way I could get access to it?

- Koji - is this up and available? Can I get access to it?

I'll write up all the answers + some of the information I have about the
Fedora accounts system from talking to Mike about it and add it to the
wiki too; this kind of information is very useful in making design
decisions.

Thanks,
~m