Infrastructure Design - Look & Feel

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Feb 16 02:28:56 UTC 2007

On Thursday 15 February 2007 21:07, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> - Is the main Fedora Project wiki up for redesign as well? I think it
> could use a little tweaking.

Quite possible.  I think Donald Fisher needs to be kept in the loop on this.

> - Is the admin.fedoraproject.org wiki a separate wiki from the
> www.fedoraproject.org wiki? Is it used separately for different things
> or is it a staging area or something else?
>
> - I have an account at hosted.fedoraproject.org now so I'm somewhat
> familiar with it. Could the look & feel of this involve themeing trac?

Yes, please!  (:

> Are there any other applications on hosted? (I think there might be
> cvsweb on there?)

There are a few yes, and I expect many more once we get things more finalized.
See https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/ for a list of projects.

> - What is packagedb used for? Who uses it? How often is it used for what
> tasks? How public-facing / important / high on the priority-queue is it?
>
> - Could I get added to some kind of sample/test ticket queue in ORTS so
> I can play around with the UI on it?
>
> - Same thing with the mirror system; is there anyway I could get access
> to it?
>
> - Voting system - where is this right now? How often is it used / what
> kind of votes is it used for / who uses it?
>
> - What kinds of information are smolt, nagios, and cacti used for? Who
> uses them? How often are they used? What are the particular uses /
> strengths / weaknesses of each for Fedora infrastructure team puurposes?
>
> - Bohdi - is this the application lmacken wrote? Where is it hosted? Is
> there any way I could get access to it?
>
> - Koji - is this up and available? Can I get access to it?

Koji is not available just yet.  We're just getting going on setting up a test
instance.  You should contact Mike Bonnet for info on the web side of this.

> I'll write up all the answers + some of the information I have about the
> Fedora accounts system from talking to Mike about it and add it to the
> wiki too; this kind of information is very useful in making design
> decisions.

Thanks again for helping out!  (:

--
Jesse Keating