Account System Design Work (was Re: Infrastructure Design - Look & Feel)

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri Feb 16 07:50:51 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

So I started documenting all of the information you've been giving me here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/LookAndFeel

I was itching to do a mockup so I decided to focus on the account system
for a little bit:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/LookAndFeel/FedoraAccountSystemUsageNotes
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/LookAndFeel/FedoraAccountSystemUsageNotes?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=account-system-mock_your-account.1.png

This is kind of how I'm seeing the screen appearing right after someone
with an existing account logs in. However, now that I look at it
critically, it could have cooler things on it. For example,

* Projects/Groups could set different RSS information feeds, eg feeds of
their mailing list(s), feeds of developer blogs/planets, irc bot rss
feed :) , anything else really. And on a per project basis this page
could display that information, maybe grouped into different categories.

* Quick link to each project's main wiki page or web page or whichever
else is their main 'place of business'

I know the little queues are confusing too, they look cool but it's not
quite clear how you would interact with each queue item if you could at
all so I'll clean that up.

Anything else you guys might have spotted? Anything confusing, anything
missing? Anything not quite right? Anything not really implementable?
Any cool ideas for expansion? :)

Time for sleep,
~m