Account System Design Work (was Re: Infrastructure Design - Look & Feel)

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Fri Feb 16 19:40:29 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 02:50 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> I was itching to do a mockup so I decided to focus on the account system
> for a little bit:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/LookAndFeel/FedoraAccountSystemUsageNotes
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/LookAndFeel/FedoraAccountSystemUsageNotes?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=account-system-mock_your-account.1.png

This looks completely rad. I have two comments:

1) Do we still need somewhere to upload an SSH key, or does the new
account system eliminate that need?
2) How would one find the list of other groups to join/apply to? A nav
item or something?
3) There is no way in *hell* I am approving Gaius Baltar's request to be
a sponsor.

> * Projects/Groups could set different RSS information feeds, eg feeds of
> their mailing list(s), feeds of developer blogs/planets, irc bot rss
> feed :) , anything else really. And on a per project basis this page
> could display that information, maybe grouped into different categories.

Very yes. I want the QA team to see feeds of packages that need testing,
bugs that need triaging, etc.

Also - and may be bit off-topic - I'd love for new users to get Mugshot
accounts along with their bugzilla/wiki/etc. stuff. Once you have
mugshot membership for all users (and mugshot groups for each group) it
seems like some of the RSS feed stuff would magically fall into place on
its own.

That's my two-centibucks worth.

-w