planet sub domains

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Feb 28 07:30:02 UTC 2007

Hi, I am Nicu from the Art team and was lurking on this list for a
couple of days.

seth vidal wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 20:56 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>> So it came up that it could be useful if there were sub planets.  say
>> art.planet.fedoraproject.org  for people posting art work.  or docs  or some
>> other fedora sub topics.
>>
>> What does every one think of the possibilities?
>>

> Does it really make much sense to subdivide it up? Would I have to
> subscribe to all of them to know what's going on? It doesn't seem like
> the current planet is really all that busy.

I had a similar idea some time ago, but have not talked about it yet:
leave the main planet as is and use the subdomains only to filter the
content for those interested in certain areas.
I am not strongly in favor of this because the charm of planet is in its
variety: the mix of topics.

--
nicu