New accounts LDAP server running

TomLy lyz27 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 02:45:52 UTC 2007

> Do you have some ideas on how we should proceed with development?

Here's the stages that I see at this time:

1.  LDAP structure gets stabilized.  Of course, there may be slight
tweaks to this during the following stages.

2.  The syncing mechinism is set up to sync the production DB to LDAP
(nightly?)

3.  The easy apps are ported to authenticate against LDAP (moin moin,
apps that use apache auth).

4.  Website.py ported and apps moved to LDAP

5.  Turbo gears authentication framework devised and TG apps ported

6.  Account system web administration rewritten in TG to work with LDAP

7.  Old system retired

8.  OpenID

Please add/edit this I will make a wiki page out of it when it's
accepted.

~tom