Voting APP

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 23:44:34 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 09:07 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On 1/8/07, Zarouali Rachid <rzarouali at gmail.com> wrote:
> > does this require a high coding level in python ?
> > i'm not a coder nor a high class sysadmin, but if this can be handle by a
> > newbie in python,
> > why not giving a try ;)
> >
> > Rachid
> >

> You can always take a look for yourself.  I think as far as a survey
> mechanism goes I may look at already existing projects so we can focus
> on keeping the voting app exactly what we initially needed it for.

I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for but if you want something
that's going to authenticate to the Fedora Account System, it probably
would be good to either extend or rewrite the voting application to meet
your additional needs.  Like I say, the Voting App needs a revamp.

When we put together the vote app, there wasn't much out there that we
really felt was suitable for our needs as a secure voting system.  I
don't know that you need the same kind of rigor for a survey, though.  I
also have some pygtk code for a ballot that I was playing with prior to
spot throwing the cgi script out there in case you decide you want to
code your own desktop survey app.

-Toshio