Yum deltarpm

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 13 22:11:07 UTC 2007

The most recent code is at:
http://people.redhat.com/~herrmann/deltarpm/

We should be able to sign the drpms (not sure yet!) Reconstructing the new
rpm from ondisk files, doesn't look bad security wise, because the new data
is signed. If the on disk files are not trusted, this means the system is
already compromised! It's not really the drpm's fault.

Yes the old code is focused on up2date. It will take some cleaning. And I am
all for dropping the server side code completely. drpms are to be generated
by a cron-job and *not* on the fly as is the current implementation. So, the
servers should not be running additional software.