Quick introduction, infrastructure stuff for qa

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Tue Jan 16 17:33:36 UTC 2007

Hi there!

I'm Will Woods, and I'm the lead tester / head of QA for Fedora.

We're hard at work on bunches of tools and ideas to help test Fedora and
make things better.. faster.. stronger.

Right now, we've got a couple of repositories of packages for testing
that live in David Malcolm's people page:
http://people.redhat.com/dmalcolm/tablecloth/

We're also going to be writing some web apps that will need somewhere to
live - something to keep track of testing progress / results, some
bugzilla-related stuff, a frontend for an automated test lab, and so on.
We don't have any hosting for any of it right now, but I'd like this
stuff to live somewhere like http://qa.fedoraproject.org/.

I'd like to have an official QA repo for our test tools and test
packages, hosted at something like http://qa.fedoraproject.org/repo/.

Most importantly, we need some help very soon. We currently have a
problem - dmalcolm is out of disk quota, so he can't push bugfixed
versions of the test tools out until we get a new host for the repos.
This is bad!

The amount of disk space we'll need is quite small - I think the
packages currently take up something like 3MB. We'll be collecting test
data and results and accumulating tests, but I don't anticipate this
being a significant amount of data (say >10GB) for months, maybe years.

Can we make this stuff happen? How do we get started?

Thanks in advance for the help, guys.

-w