Yum deltarpm

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed Jan 17 15:31:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 09:29 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On 1/17/07, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Then limit the delta to the most common update paths.  If the desired
> > delta doesn't exist when the user tries, it can fall back to download
> > the full RPM.  No big loss.
>
> Does anyone track how many updates are released / day?  I should start
> tracking that, I bet its significant.

If you're willing to work with per-day granularity - you can do it with
repoquery. Just compare the changes in 'updates-released' from one day
to the next.

Keep in mind the package doesn't always go up. Sometimes old pkgs get
removed. So it could remain the same number but new pkgs are released.

-sv