[Fwd: [Fwd: About Fedora Directory Server Project (directory)]]

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Jan 17 16:53:48 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 10:35 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On 1/17/07, seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:
>
> > cisco switches and LB.
>
> The LB is easy to replace if we want to.  But what to do about the
> cisco switches

While it's possible to stick a bunch of 4 port ethernet cards into a
Linux box and bridge them, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

>  (and pix in front of that I guess)

What's the PIX used for?  Unless you have some odd interfaces plugged
into them I'm sure a properly configured Fedora/RHEL box will do pretty
much anything a PIX will do.

Jeff