Yum deltarpm

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 03:35:16 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 09:34 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On 1/17/07, seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone track how many updates are released / day?  I should start
> > > tracking that, I bet its significant.
> > >

> > If you're willing to work with per-day granularity - you can do it with
> > repoquery. Just compare the changes in 'updates-released' from one day
> > to the next.
> >
> > Keep in mind the package doesn't always go up. Sometimes old pkgs get
> > removed. So it could remain the same number but new pkgs are released.
> >
> > -sv
>
> i think a lot of this has been discussed before in Fedora.  Anyone
> know of any threads we can point Ahmed at?  Looks like there's a lot
> of work to be done :-D

The first thread I'm aware of was in 1998 and involved xdelta'ing the
rpm's.  Google can't locate it so I'm betting it was on contrib-list
(whose archives have disappeared from redhat.com)

Some of the more recent discussions::
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-December/msg00404.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-June/msg00018.html

... and google knows of others as well.  Try::
  site:redhat.com delta rpm

-Toshio