Yum deltarpm

Matthew Gillen matt at gillens.us
Wed Jan 24 23:47:15 UTC 2007

RPM's DB backend gets wedged sometimes.  It's become a lot less common than
it used to be, but it just happened to me again recently.  A solution (maybe
not the best) is to rebuild the database.  I have a script that does the
following:
$ cat fixrpmdb.sh
 #!/bin/sh
 rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*
 rpm -vv --rebuilddb

The '-vv' makes it take longer, but I like it so that I can be sure it's
doing something.

Hope that helps,
Matt