Trac Instance

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 4 11:03:23 UTC 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 6:33 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

> If you start with having tickets assigned to certain milestones, and
> then add a milestone to move some tickets to, or remove a milestone
> (long story short: IMACD milestones), there's no easy way of moving
> tickets to or from that milestone, you need to modify them by hand. In
> our case, not having set too much different milestones but moving as
> fast as we do, we have to delete and add milestones every now and then
> and change the default milestone for new tickets, just because our
> roadmap changes. Changing existing tickets already linked to a
> milestone
> is a PITA.
>
> Just my 2 euro cents,

Have you checked out the BatchModify plugin?  It looks like it was
made to do exactly this.

http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/BatchModifyPlugin

Mike, I find it helpful in the 'Roadmap' section to list the tickets
assigned to each Milestone.  This can be done by adding the following
to the Milestone description:

== Tickets for this Milestone ==

[[TicketQuery(Milestone=1.0)]]

You'll need to change '1.0' to be the name of your milestone, for
example, 'Fedora 8'.

Anyway, I find it helpful :)

-Jeff