boot.iso folder location

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Jun 2 13:41:05 UTC 2007

On Saturday 02 June 2007 09:39:55 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> It is larger too and you call it "rescue" which does not suggest network
> installation.
>
> > I'm not about to go changing the tree layout after the mirrors already
> > have it.
>
> Just in case it was not obvious I am talking about changing the tree
> structure to consolidate all the images for the *next release*.

Next release is something I would talk about, with the anaconda folks, since
they write out the boot.iso.  As stated before I want to rename rescue.iso as
well so that it is more obvious that you can use it for installs.

Rescue.iso is no longer than what you'd get if you booted boot.iso and it
downloads the stage2 images to do the install, only instead of downloading it
each and every install you can have it on the media already.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora