Do Fedora static page handle Multi-Language requests automatically?

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 23:53:15 UTC 2007

Wilmer Jaramillo M. wrote:
> Forwarded message To: fedora-websites-list at redhat.com too.
>
> What possibility there is to translate the static page to
> multilanguage and to make it available to the community? respond to
> browser language requests with the corresponding translation via
> 'Accept-Language' request header field that it sends to the web server
> and later with mod_negotiation module or anything.
>
> For example, Apache web server would respond for the file
> fedoraproject.org/index.html.es or fedoraproject.org/index.html.br if
> the your browser preferred language is settting to Spanish or
> Brazilian respectively.

Unfortunately the static pages were done very last minute (the finalized
versions were done just a few days before F7).  Now that the SoC stuff
is in play, we're just waiting for damaestro to create a plone product
for us.  Once thats done we'll have a translation infrastructure in
place to do this.

    -Mike