Fedora 7 Upgrade

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 15:49:57 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> My personal thought is anything that doesn't require the specifics of a Fedora
> release should be on RHEL5/CentOS5.  I can only think of a couple things that
> need the specifics, the mash box and the updates system, and those should be
> on Fedora 7.

I agree, I had no plans on upgrading any of our RHEL boxes (except for
cvs and db1 but will stay in the RHEL upgrade path).  For those of you
that are new on the list we've had a lot of discussions about this in
the past.  Our team, for the most part, agrees that its about picking
the right tool for the job.  For boxes that don't need brand new
technologies (like cvs) its nice to be able to set them up and forget
about them.  But for some boxes that do need the latest and greatest
(like our builders) we've always had and kept them on Fedora.

    -Mike