smolt, hardware compatibility and package stats

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 24 16:42:14 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>
>> What do folks think of extending smolt into more of a system profiler
>> including optionally collecting information on installed packages?
>>

> I'm on the fence about this but would put package information lower in
> priority then some of the ratings system stuff.  Mugshot is doing some
> package stuff already.

True but that code is tied to mugshot (I asked) and would require users
to sign up with mugshot while Smolt is in first boot and I think many
end users would prefer the unobtrusive method. As long as we have it
optional (ie) I should be able to send the hardware details or the
packaging stats or both, it should be a useful thing to do.

Rahul