Streamlining Account Signup Process

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 28 20:19:55 UTC 2007

Yep but fixed anyway. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/WishList

> I know one of your guys' overall goals has always been to get more
> community involvement, so I figured this was a worthwhile question to
> ask.  I know I almost decided that it wasn't worth the effort to join
> the FP after seeing all those steps for signup when I just wanted to
> contribute one package initially (I'm happy I didn't bail btw)... I
> imagine many others feel the same way.

So why didn't you bail out and what are you happy with? Not rhetoric. I
am genuinely interested to know.

Thanks for the feedback. We know that editing the wiki for someone not
in the edit group is way too complicated than necessary. The underlying
problem required legal clarification which we have got recently. The
wiki contributors can just require a click through signup but that
requires some infrastructure work that hasn't done yet but it is
something that needs to be fixed asap.

Rahul