PackageDB 0.1.92 and Roadmap

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 18:58:20 UTC 2007

> Toshio Kuratomi (a.badger at gmail.com) said:
> >               * Notification that people have requested acls: package
> >                 owner and people on approveacls
> >               * Notification of owner changes: cvsadmin group?  FESCo?
>
> In the current scheme, *all* changes to owners.list (for owners,
> co-maintainers, or initial cc) go to the cvs commits list. Having
> it be able to be gated to  a public list that anyone can subscribe
> to would be good.

That's fine too.  So for acl requests, send mail to both cvs-commits and
to the ownerse.  For owner changes, send to cvs-commits.

> > Syncing of owners.list has a lot of work done since I had to import the
> > data in the first place.  Some changes have occurred since the script
> > was written, though.  So we need to update.  notting has a similar
> > script that we might be able to use.
>
> Why not just dump and re-import?

That's what this script needs to do.  I have a script that imported the
old format into the database.  You have a script that works with the new
format.  Someone needs to merge those so we have a script that can
import from the new format to the database.

-Toshio