PackageDB 0.1.92 and Roadmap

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 19:32:53 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 09:34 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 02:23 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > Output to bugzilla is currently handled via cron using a script that
> > sopwith wrote.  I believe the code lives in fedora-accounts but I'm not
> > sure where the live script is.  It would be nice to move away from cron
> > and make changes to bugzilla as they occur in the packagedb but we
> > probably want a "sync everything in packagedb to bugzilla" as a way of
> > ensuring packagedb and bugzilla agree so moving away from cron might be
> > a project for later.
>
> It's moved from a script running on a machine under Sopwith's desk to
> the script running on a machine on my desk :-)  I'm not sure that moving
> it away from a cron job is really going to be practical given some of
> the load problems bugzilla has had in the past (and continues to
> sporadically have)

Okay, I'll note that.  When we merge the packagedb and koji post-F7, we
might be able to have the best of both worlds:: When we update the
database create a "job" to update bugzilla.  A cron job can grab all
pending jobs and update bugzilla with the new information.

BTW, if anyone's interested in working on this, the script is
bz-make-components.py in fedora-accounts::

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/fedora-accounts/?root=fedora

-Toshio